JCC Teen Activities
Grades 9 - 12
Join the JCC teens as we head outside and enjoy all the fun that Southern California has to offer! These programs provide opportunities for teens to maintain a healthy and active lifestyle!
Meet other Jewish teens at these fun and safe social events. Dance the night away at our CLUB J or rock out with our first Battle of the Bands. Every social event sponsored by the Lawrence Family JCC Teen Department is sure to be a good time!
Big Bear Ski and Snowboarding Trip
Friday-Monday January 16-18, 2015
Take a trip up to Big Bear to speed down the snowy mountains with friends. The fee includes transportation, food, lift tickets, and accommodations. Rentals need to be purchased in advance in San Diego. Minimum enrollment required.
Price: $792; JCC Member Price: $660
The premier nightclub for San Diego teens. With over 250 party-goers per dance,you can come dance the night away in our very own theater-turned-nightclub, including a professional DJ playing the hottest club music and an amazing atmosphere to party with all your friends.
Club J Code of Conduct:
• I am currently a high school student.
• I understand there is a ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY regarding drugs, alcohol, tobacco, and weapons and that I am be breathalyzed when attending Club J.
• If I am suspected of using or possessing drugs, alcohol, tobacco, or weapons, my parents will be notified and I will be referred to the proper authorities.
• I understand that unacceptable behavior, including but not limited to: inappropriate language, dancing, touching, displays of affection, or clothing, as determined by JCC staff, will not be tolerated.
• I understand that there is no re-entry allowed to Club J without prior approval of JCC Staff.
February 7, 2015 8:30pm-Midnight !
REGISTRATION FORM >
San Diego Jewish Film Festival Teen Screen 2015
Tuesday, February 10, 2015 6pm
Join the San Diego Teen Coalition and teens from all the different San Diego synagogues and organizations as we head to Clairemont Reading Theaters for a FREE film screening of Havana Curveball.
Thirteen-year-old Mica takes to heart his Rabbi's dictate to help “heal the world,” and launches a grand plan to send baseballs to Cuba—a country with a mysterious pull. He knows only that Cubans have few resources, love baseball, and gave his Jewish grandpa refuge during the Holocaust. His filmmaker parents know a curveball is coming…
Dinner is also Free!
February 20, 2015 5-10pm
(housing arrangements will be available for those who are shomer shabbos) Shabbat360 is the largest teen-run Shabbat program in San Diego. Teens from all over San Diego will join together for a festive Shabbat dinner party with their 360 closest friends. Fun programming will continue throughout the evening. Shabbat360 is planned by a large committee of dedicated teens who are involved in every aspect of the event from publicity, registration, and decorations to entertainment and fundraising.
To register for a teen program, fill out the Registration Form.
Karen Flexer Friedenberg
Lawrence Family Jewish Community Center
4126 Executive Dr.
La Jolla, CA 92037