JCC Teen Activities
Grades 9 - 12
Join the JCC teens as we head outside and enjoy all the fun that Southern California has to offer! These programs provide opportunities for teens to maintain a healthy and active lifestyle!
BIG BEAR SKI AND SNOWBOARD TRIP
(ALL 9-12 GRADERS WELCOME)
February 14-17th, 2014
Join us for four days of amazing fun and incredible skiing and boarding in Big Bear. Perfect for first time beginners through Double Black Diamond.
• A $200 non-refundable deposit is required to secure your spot ASAP, as space is limited and filling up quickly!
• Feb. 1, 2014 is the final registration deadline.
• Meet in the back parking lot of the JCC at 6 pm on the 14th. Return on the 17th at 8 pm.
• Cost covers transportation, meals, hotel accommodations, lift tickets, and endless memories.
• You MUST rent or buy your equipment in San Diego prior to the trip.
Price: $650; JCC Member Price: $625
For more info, please contact Karen Flexer Friedenberg at firstname.lastname@example.org or 858.362.1331.
DOWNLOAD THE FLYER
SEE PICTURES FROM LAST YEAR
Meet other Jewish teens at these fun and safe social events. Dance the night away at our CLUB J or rock out with our first Battle of the Bands. Every social event sponsored by the Lawrence Family JCC Teen Department is sure to be a good time!
The premier nightclub for San Diego teens. With over 250 party-goers per dance,you can come dance the night away in our very own theater-turned-nightclub, including a professional DJ playing the hottest club music and an amazing atmosphere to party with all your friends.
SEE PICTURES FROM THIS EVENT
CLUB J REGISTRATION FORM
Club J Code of Conduct:
• I am currently a high school student.
• I understand there is a ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY regarding drugs, alcohol, tobacco, and weapons and that I am be breathalyzed when attending Club J.
• If I am suspected of using or possessing drugs, alcohol, tobacco, or weapons, my parents will be notified and I will be referred to the proper authorities.
• I understand that unacceptable behavior, including but not limited to: inappropriate language, dancing, touching, displays of affection, or clothing, as determined by JCC staff, will not be tolerated.
• I understand that there is no re-entry allowed to Club J without prior approval of JCC Staff.
In an effort to encourage teens to become emotionally well-rounded young adults, the teen department offers cultural programming that promotes intellectual development through the arts, film, theatre, literature, and music.
TEEN SCREEN 2014
Tuesday, February 11th
Join the JCC Teen Department as we head to Clairmont Reading Theatre for a FREE film screening. Dinner is also free for teens!
This year’s teen screen film will be selected by a teen focus group who will examine several films throughout the year and determine which film to show. If you would like to participate in the focus group, please contact Karen Flexer Friedenberg at email@example.com or 858.362.1331.
Teen and Parent Seminar Series
The JCC Teen Department invites teens and parents to come learn and discuss important teen issues. Teens who participate in three out of the four seminars receive a "Certificate in Community Service Leadership" along with 20 hours in community service. Those returning participants from last year will receive a Platinum Service Leadership Award after the completion of tree seminars in addition to 20 community service hours.
To register for a teen program, fill out the Registration Form.
Karen Flexer Friedenberg
Lawrence Family Jewish Community Center
4126 Executive Dr.
La Jolla, CA 92037