Career Opportunities at the JCC
Thank you for your interest in working for the Lawrence Family Jewish Community Center, JACOBS FAMILY CAMPUS. The Lawrence Family JCC is an equal opportunity employer.
Assistant Director of Development
Reports To: Director of Development
Salary: TBD (D.O.E)
Resume and Cover Letter: Jessica Levy, email@example.com
To assist the Director of Development with the successful operation of the Development Department and securing private, corporate and foundation gifts in support of the services and programs of the Lawrence Family JCC.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
• Responsible for all foundation and grant proposals administration. This includes researching potential funding sources, writing narrative and ensuring compliance with all grant awards requirements as needed.
• Maintain all foundation and grant files and calendar of applications and reporting deadlines.
• Work closely with JCC/CJC Department Heads in identifying potential funding sources and preparing grant proposals.
• Work closely with JCC/CJC Department Heads, staff and volunteers to identify and cultivate prospective donors.
• Provide research on individual, corporate and foundation prospects.
• Help coordinate major Special Events. This includes the JCC Golf Classic and the JCC Patron Party. Work closely with volunteers and staff in the planning, implementation of all details relating to the special event.
• Provide the administrative support needed for the special events.
• Responsible for the upkeep of the agency’s donor recognition signage.
• Responsible for the agency's Tribute program, including generation of tribute cards, acknowledgement letters, and record keeping.
• Work with the Director of Development on communication and calendar follow-up system for the Pillars of Light and Legacy donors.
• Work with the various JCC/CJC Departments to ensure that program information is always available to donors in a timely manner.
• Responsible for producing and updating fundraising campaign materials.
• Responsible for all correspondence as it relates to the successful operation of the Development Department.
• Assist with Department bulk mailings as needed.
• Other assignments deemed necessary and appropriate by the Director of Development.
• College degree and a minimum 3 years fundraising experience.
• Proven successful record in seeking, preparing, securing and monitoring grant proposals.
• Excellent communication, organizational, written and interpersonal skills.
• Display excellent customer service skills.
• Respond to inquiries and process all information in a timely manner.
• Be adaptable and flexible and available to attend and help with special events as needed.
• Knowledge of word processing software, database software and spreadsheet programs and fundraising software (Word, Excel, Trinexum)
• Must be detail oriented, and must exhibit good judgment and resourcefulness.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Maintain the confidentiality of all information received and processed.
We are always accepting resumes for the following positions:
• Camp Jaycee Staff
• Fitness Center Attendant
• Swim Coaches & Instructors
• Theatre Technicians
We are always looking for volunteers for various programs at the Lawrence Family JCC and San Diego Center for Jewish Culture.
If you are interested in volunteering, please FILL OUT THIS FORM.