Thank you for your interest in working for the Lawrence Family Jewish Community Center, JACOBS FAMILY CAMPUS. The Lawrence Family JCC is an equal opportunity employer.
Position Title: Membership Associate
Summary of Duties:
The primary responsibility of the Membership Associate is to assist the Membership Director as it relates to recruitment and retention of the membership base, reporting and customer service initiatives and management of the main JCC front desk. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Give tours of facility.
- Sell membership over the phone and in person.
- Send out membership prospect packages. Follow up to see if prospect used the center, answer any questions and close sale.
- Make courtesy calls when memberships are coming up for renewal, goal is to call all members that have outstanding memberships prior to membership expiration.
- Track calls and responses and be sure to note reasons why a member is not renewing.
- Assist in monthly renewal mailing.
- Take renewals over the phone and in person.
- Send out thank you notes and guest passes to renewing members.
Preschool & Camp
- Call all non-members and convert them to Family, Couple or Single Parent membership as applicable.
- Check expiration dates and type of membership.
- Upgrade memberships where and when applicable. For example: A Couple with a 3 year old needs to upgrade to a Family.
- Call memberships that are coming up for renewal and remind parents that not renewing will cause them to incur non-member fees.
Sports Leagues Rosters
- Get copies of all rosters for all member leagues.
- Check that all participants are active members.
- Work with League Director and Director of Sports and Fitness to convert any non-members or arrange to have members renew prior to the beginning of league play.
Assist in Management
- Assist in the day-to-day operations of the Front Desk including, covering phones as needed and providing Front Desk breaks.
- Assign projects to Front Desk staff and monitor for correctness and completion. All departments should come to Membership Director or Membership Associate to schedule Front Desk help for their department (Accounting is an exception as they have bills that go out the first of every month.)
- Oversee training of new Front Desk employees.
- Keep front desk informed of any changes in the daily schedule.
Demonstrate good customer care:
- Learn names of members.
- Greet members and answer questions.
- Establish an environment that encourages and supports all guests of the JCC.
- Listen closely and respond to all customer complaints.
- Have a positive attitude.
- Work within the scope of your knowledge skills. When necessary, refer participants to other JCC professionals regarding their specific programs and needs.
- BA preferred.
- Good customer service skills.
- Excellent oral communication skills.
- Basic Word, Excel, and Internet knowledge.
- Fast learner for telephone and database systems.
- Must be CPR/AED and First Aid certified.
Desk job with some heavy lifting; must be able to lift 40lbs.
Neat and tidy appearance in clothes.
Must be able to lift and or move up to 40 lbs. as required.
Be able to conduct tours throughout the JCC
The Membership Associate will work Sunday – Thursday 8 hr/ day
(Other days and evenings may be requested.)
Position Title: Part-Time Receptionist/Customer Service Desk Representative
Job Description: The JCC is a busy community center in La Jolla that provides quality fitness, childcare, cultural and artistic events. The Customer Service Representative will be providing courteous and prompt service to members and guests of the facility.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Excellent customer service
- Assist all JCC departments
- Strong organizational & administrative skills
- Able to multi-task with a high volume of phone calls
- Fun & friendly
Job Requirements: Must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Professional & friendly
- Customer Service
- Must be able to answer multi-line phone
- Creative thinker
- Demonstrate ability to trouble shoot & solve problems
- Excellent writing, grammar, and punctuation skills
- Strong public speaking skills
- Basic computer skills, working knowledge of (Word, Excel, Showare)
- Excellent time management, organizational & communication skills
- Strong ability to work well with co-workers, supervisors & members of the community in a team environment
- Able to work flexible hours, which may include weekends, evenings & must be punctual
Free gym membership
Email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are always accepting applications for The Bean. We often have a need for people available to work short shifts.
Position Title: Barista
The Café Barista is a core staff member of the LFJCC café, responsible for embodying Lawrence Family Jewish Community Center Vision, Mission, and Values. The Barista works with the café team and is integral part of the café as a community gathering place. S/he is responsible delivering excellent service and product to the Café customers. S/he expands and deepens passion for the café and the community by ensuring unequaled quality and customer service. Providing the café with a reliable support base. The Barista drives for results as s/he provides great food, coffee, smoothies with great customer care. This position reports to the Café Manager.
• Lead excellent customer service through in-the-moment coaching, role modeling.
• Calibrate and supervise staff to ensure product freshness and uncompromising quality standards.
• Reliably reporting for scheduled shifts and being available periodically for extra hours for events in the evening or weekend.
• Ensures that customer feedback and concerns are relayed to the Café Manager within a timely manner, handling them with initiative where possible.
Manage cash according to LJFCC cash handling policy.
• A minimum of one year of experience in a high quality food service or retail provider with high customer service standards and/or related experience and training.
Skilled coffee making experience preferred.
• Consistent demonstration of ability to provide excellent customer service and passion for quality.
• Consistent demonstration of ability to successfully nurture a community feel and allegiance to the café and the J. • Consistent demonstration of performance that embodies LFJCC Mission, and Values.
Working conditions and characteristics:
This is a social café setting with constant interaction with the public and on-going interruptions.
Standing for up to 5 hours at a time. Ability to lift 25lbs to 30lbs.
In return for all of this, you will receive a respectful work environment and a sense of accomplishment, as well as a sense of belonging to a community based institution. Paid time off for sick leave in accordance with California labor law. We also offer the benefits of Membership to the J to all part time employees. This includes a state of the art gym and an use of the Olympic swimming pool. As well as discounts up to 25% for programs.
We encourage applicants of all ages, races and ethnic backgrounds. LFJCC will consider for employment all qualified applicants.
Apply to : Jobs@lfjcc.org
Please – no phone calls and only principals need apply.
Position Title:Assistant Swim Coach
Head Swim Coach
$11-12/ hour M-F 15+++ hours
Under the direction of the Head Swim Coach, the Asst. Swim Coach assists in developing, organizing and implementing the JCC Barracuda Swim Team. Provides direct leadership, instruction and motivation for swim team participants in accordance with JCC policies and procedures and creates a safe and positive atmosphere that promotes member safety and engagement.
Provides pre-competitive swimming instruction to swim team members in Novice to Age group swimming groups. Organizes and conducts team workouts. Works effectively with other coaches as assigned.
1. 18 years of age or older.
2. Current American Red Cross First Aid certification.
3 Current American Red Cross community CPR certification, or equivalent.
4. American Red Cross Coaches Safety Training or equivalent Preferred.
5. One year or more of swim team experience preferred.
6. Ability to teach proper competitive swimming techniques.
7. Demonstrate knowledge of sound competitive swimming skills, and the ability to implement and teach these skills in a positive, healthy manner.
8. Knowledge of basic exercise.
9. Prefer knowledge of, and previous experience with, diverse populations (language, culture, race, physical ability, sexual orientation, etc).
1. Assists in organizing and administering all assigned coaching responsibilities, including daily practices, recruiting, record keeping and scheduling.
2. Develops positive relationships with team members, and coaches. Provides motivational support and guidance.
3. Increases team member awareness of all healthy lifestyle factors and LFJCC values.
4. Works hand in hand with the Head Coach.
5. Conducts evaluations and recruits prospective members and provides information about LFJCC membership and swim team fee structure.
6. Attends staff meetings and trainings as required.
7. Follows all LFJCC policies, rules, regulations, and procedures, including emergency procedures.
8. Completes incident and accident reports if necessary.
9. Attends swim meets and swim team functions as agreed upon with supervisor.
10. Accountable for discipline and conduct of team members at these events.
11. Encourages member and parent involvement and identifies potential volunteers.
12. Refrain from using personal phone during workouts. Refrain from personal conversation with other staff during workouts.
13. Assists in creating the swim team monthly newsletter.
14. Submits all private lesson schedules and payments to the Asst. Aquatics Director. Coach must keep lesson log. The Asst. Aquatics Director must approve the lessons before-hand.
1. Sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions of position and to supervise program activities.
2. Ability to see and hear individuals and alarms in pool/pool area.
3. Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
4. Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time.
5. Ability to perform activities which require sustained concentration and attention.