Career Opportunities at the JCC
Thank you for your interest in working for the Lawrence Family Jewish Community Center, JACOBS FAMILY CAMPUS. The Lawrence Family JCC is an equal opportunity employer.
We are looking for two part time barristas to help with our busy summer. One of the positions will continue long term. The person should, ideally, have experience in a café as a barrista, a food handling certificate, be good with people, be able to work under pressure and share a love of the LJFCC and our community.
Pay: $10 to $10.50/hour DOE
To APPLY: All applications should be sent to email@example.com with a current resume and cover letter.
Position Title: North County Coordinator
Reports to: Director, San Diego Center for Jewish Culture (CJC)
Under the supervision of the Director, San Diego Center for Jewish Culture, the North County Coordinator will act as an ambassador for the CJC’s North County programming, building collaborative relationships between the CJC’s program directors and the community, and serving on the Arts and Ideas Task Force for innovative Jewish cultural programming. The Coordinator will work to implement programs that engage the Jewish community and advance Jewish arts, culture and educational activities in the region. Along with CJC Program Directors, the Coordinator will work to attract the area’s residents, volunteers and donors to CJC/Leichtag cultural events. The Coordinator will be based in the North County Hub, a collaborative co-working space, sponsored by Leichtag Foundation in Encinitas. This is a unique opportunity for an innovator with strong programming experience, demonstrated success in building community, and a passion to nurture exceptional Jewish arts, culture and creativity.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
1. Build productive working relationships with CJC North County programmers, including; CJC Director, San Diego Jewish Film Festival Director, San Diego Jewish Book Fair Director, Director of Jewish Education, and Shalom Baby Coordinator.
2. Work collaboratively with CJC Programmers, North County Hub members, and Leichtag Foundation to successfully implement CJC cultural programs in North County.
3. Participate in monthly group meetings, professional development opportunities, and large scale agricultural programs at the North County Hub, and be an active contributor to the collaborative culture at the Ranch owned by the Leichtag Foundation.
4. Attend CJC/JCC weekly supervision and staff meetings, and select events as appropriate to build collegiality agency-wide, and to achieve a full understanding of CJC/JCC’s mission and goals.
5. Actively participate in the Arts & Ideas Initiative Taskforce to create innovative arts experiences in North County.
6. Build a continuum of Jewish engagement and exposure through development of audiences, volunteers and donors for CJC events in North County.
7. Develop and enhance North County lay committees to create a strong and engaged volunteer base for CJC programming and to strengthen North County Jewish community life.
8. Work with the LFJCC Marketing Department to create successful audience outreach and marketing initiatives in North County.
9. Build new donor relationships and implement the JCC's strong stewardship model in North County in collaboration with LFJCC Development Department, CJC Director and program directors.
10. Enhance and grow CJC’s relationships in North County, emphasizing collaborations with local agencies and businesses in order to maximize our efforts in the area.
11. Facilitate evaluation process for all North County programs.
12. As the CJC/JCC ambassador in North County, provide a positive role model to others for communication and relationship building, and strive to achieve the highest quality customer service for all.
13. Ensure that all activities are in conformity to grant requirements, and participate in measuring and reporting the results of grant related-work.
14. Perform all other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of B.A. or B.S. College Degree, ideal or other certification in an area of Non-Profit Arts Administration, or Community Development or related demonstrated experience.
1. Minimum 3-year's experience in arts or cultural programming, or in events planning or community development.
2. Experience or strong desire to work in Jewish Communal agency field; and/or knowledge of Jewish culture and traditions helpful.
3. Demonstrated excellence in customer service, communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
4. Knowledge of program service and delivery.
This position requires significant presence in the community. Person must own or have reliable access to transportation at all times.
Employee must be able to lift 20 lbs.
HOURS: Full time, EXEMPT position, requiring flexible hours, some weekend and night work as events and community activities require.
BENEFITS: This is a full time position eligible for health, vision and dental benefits as well as retirement and short term disability. Full Family membership to the LFJCC including fitness center and discounts on LFJCC programs as provided for in the LFJCC handbook.
Position Title:Part Time Receptionist/Customer Service Desk Representative
Job Description: The JCC is a busy community center in La Jolla that provides quality fitness, childcare, cultural and artistic events. The Customer Service Representative will be providing courteous and prompt service to members and guests of the facility.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Excellent customer service
- Assist all JCC departments
- Strong organizational & administrative skills
- Able to multi-task with a high volume of phone calls
- Fun & friendly
Job Requirements: Must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Professional & friendly
- Customer Service
- Must be able to answer multi-line phone
- Creative thinker
- Demonstrate ability to trouble shoot & solve problems
- Excellent writing, grammar, and punctuation skills
- Strong public speaking skills
- Basic computer skills, working knowledge of (Word, Excel, Showare)
- Excellent time management, organizational & communication skills
- Strong ability to work well with co-workers, supervisors & members of the community in a team environment
- Able to work flexible hours, which may include weekends, evenings & must be punctual
Free gym membership
Email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position: Assistant Swim Coach
Reports to: Head Swim Coach
Pay Rate: $11-12/ hour M-F 15+++ hours
Under the direction of the Head Swim Coach, the Asst. Swim Coach assists in developing, organizing and implementing the JCC Barracuda Swim Team. Provides direct leadership, instruction and motivation for swim team participants in accordance with JCC policies and procedures and creates a safe and positive atmosphere that promotes member safety and engagement.
Provides pre competitive swimming instruction to swim team members in Novice to Age group swimming groups. Organizes and conducts team workouts. Works effectively with other coaches as assigned.
1. 18 years of age or older.
2. Current American Red Cross First Aid certification.
3 Current American Red Cross community CPR certification, or equivalent.
4. American Red Cross Coaches Safety Training or equivalent Preferred.
5. One year or more of swim team experience preferred.
6. Ability to teach proper competitive swimming techniques.
7. Demonstrate knowledge of sound competitive swimming skills, and the ability to implement and teach these skills in a positive, healthy manner.
8. Knowledge of basic exercise.
9. Prefer knowledge of, and previous experience with, diverse populations (language, culture, race, physical ability, sexual orientation, etc).
1. Assists in organizing and administering all assigned coaching responsibilities, including daily practices, recruiting, record keeping and scheduling.
2. Develops positive relationships with team members, and coaches. Provides motivational support and guidance.
3. Increases team member awareness of all healthy lifestyle factors and LFJCC values.
4. Works hand in hand with the Head Coach.
5. Conducts evaluations and recruits prospective members and provides information about LFJCC membership and swim team fee structure.
6. Attends staff meetings and trainings as required.
7. Follows all LFJCC policies, rules, regulations, and procedures, including emergency procedures.
8. Completes incident and accident reports if necessary.
9. Attends swim meets and swim team functions as agreed upon with supervisor.
10. Accountable for discipline and conduct of team members at these events.
11. Encourages member and parent involvement and identifies potential volunteers.
12. Refrain from using personal phone during workouts. Refrain from personal conversation with other staff during workouts.
13. Assists in creating the swim team monthly newsletter.
14. Submits all private lesson schedules and payments to the Asst. Aquatics Director. Coach must keep lesson log. The Asst. Aquatics Director must approve the lessons before-hand.
1. Sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions of position and to supervise program activities.
2. Ability to see and hear individuals and alarms in pool/pool area.
3. Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
4. Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time.
5. Ability to perform activities which require sustained concentration and attention.
J*Company Youth Theatre
Lawrence Family Jewish Community Center
JACOBS FAMILY CAMPUS
Potiker Family Arts & Culture Complex
J*Company Youth Theatre is a nationally recognized, award winning youth theater program of the San Diego Center for Jewish Culture at the Lawrence Family Jewish Community Center JACOBS FAMILY CAMPUS in La Jolla, California. Guided and inspired by seasoned professionals in the theatre industry, J*Company Youth Theatre provides performing arts opportunities to children and teens, ages 4 - 19.
Led by Artistic Director Joey Landwehr and Managing Director Jamie Gillcrist, J*Company Youth Theatre is looking for a proactive, highly organized Program Assistant to provide enhanced administrative and programmatic support for its growing slate of annual productions, programs, classes, workshops, and campaigns. The J*Company Program Assistant is a new position and will be a vital member of the J*Company team.
Position: Program Assistant
Reports to: Managing Director of J*Company
Status: Full Time Exempt
Salary Information: DOE
Benefits: Include healthcare, vision and dental, as well as discounts to LFJCC Programs and free membership to the LJFCC.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Program Assistant will provide strong support in all aspects of the day-to-day management of J*Company Youth Theatre, as a warm and welcoming front desk liaison for the company. He/she will be responsible for handling an array of administrative duties, including answering/returning general calls, scheduling meetings, assisting the general public with class, audition and program registration, updating & maintaining program information on the J*Company website, creation & maintenance of J*Company program registration forms, and maintaining communications between all J*Company committees and subcommittees, donors, sponsors, and the general public. The Program Assistant is also responsible for the filing, copying, organizing, and archiving of all J*Company paperwork, rosters, forms, production materials, and print/photo/video pieces and for the preparation and the note taking & distribution of all materials and minutes for all J*Company committee and subcommittee meetings. The Program Assistant will also work with JCC facility staff to ensure adequate room reservations and set ups for all J*Company programming. Other duties to be assigned as needed.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Strong writing skills
• An interest in data management & analysis
• Knowledge of clerical and administrative procedures and systems such as filing, record keeping, and online database maintenance
• Strong knowledge of PC computers, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
• Positive attitude, ability to remain calm and respond confidently and promptly to stressful situations, ability to adapt in a rapidly changing environment, capacity to solve problems creatively, with diplomacy and tact; must have sound judgment, in dealing with a variety of personality types and situations
• Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple, simultaneous tasks; finish projects on time
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team
• Ability to lift/carry up to 50 lbs
• Must possess a valid CA driver’s license with a clean driving record
• Theatre and/or theatre production experience preferred
REQUIRED WORK SCHEDULE:
Sundays, 10:30am – 6:30pm
Mondays – Thursdays, 11:30am – 7:30pm
PLEASE NOTE: Hours subject to change during peak production periods.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
No phone calls please.
**Must be available to start on or before July 1, 2015.**
To APPLY: All applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with a current resume and cover letter.
• Lifeguard I
• Camp Swim Instructor
• Summer Camp Lifeguard
• Camp Jaycee Seasonal Waterfront Lifeguard
We are always accepting resumes for the following positions:
• Camp Jaycee Staff
• Fitness Center Attendant
• Swim Instructors
• Camp Lifeguards and Swim Instructors
• Theatre Technicians
We are always looking for volunteers for various programs at the Lawrence Family JCC and San Diego Center for Jewish Culture.
If you are interested in volunteering, please FILL OUT THIS FORM.