Career Opportunities at the JCC
Thank you for your interest in working for the Lawrence Family Jewish Community Center, JACOBS FAMILY CAMPUS. The Lawrence Family JCC is an equal opportunity employer.
Part Time Receptionist/Customer Service Desk Representative
Various Pool Positions
We are always accepting applications for The Bean. We often have a need for people available to work short shifts.
The Café Barista is a core staff member of the LFJCC café, responsible for embodying Lawrence Family Jewish Community Center Vision, Mission, and Values. The Barista works with the café team and is integral part of the café as a community gathering place. S/he is responsible delivering excellent service and product to the Café customers. S/he expands and deepens passion for the café and the community by ensuring unequaled quality and customer service. Providing the café with a reliable support base. The Barista drives for results as s/he provides great food, coffee, smoothies with great customer care. This position reports to the Café Manager.
Serve • Lead excellent customer service through in-the-moment coaching, role modeling.
• Calibrate and supervise staff to ensure product freshness and uncompromising quality standards.
• Reliably reporting for scheduled shifts and being available periodically for extra hours for events in the evening or weekend.
• Ensures that customer feedback and concerns are relayed to the Café Manager within a timely manner, handling them with initiative where possible.
Manage cash according to LJFCC cash handling policy.
• A minimum of one year of experience in a high quality food service or retail provider with high customer service standards and/or related experience and training.
Skilled coffee making experience preferred.
• Consistent demonstration of ability to provide excellent customer service and passion for quality.
• Consistent demonstration of ability to successfully nurture a community feel and allegiance to the café and the J. • Consistent demonstration of performance that embodies LFJCC Mission, and Values.
Working conditions and characteristics:
This is a social café setting with constant interaction with the public and on-going interruptions.
Standing for up to 5 hours at a time. Ability to lift 25lbs to 30lbs.
In return for all of this, you will receive a respectful work environment and a sense of accomplishment, as well as a sense of belonging to a community based institution. Paid time off for sick leave in accordance with California labor law. We also offer the benefits of Membership to the J to all part time employees. This includes a state of the art gym and an use of the Olympic swimming pool. As well as discounts up to 25% for programs.
We encourage applicants of all ages, races and ethnic backgrounds. LFJCC will consider for employment all qualified applicants.
Apply to : Jobs@lfjcc.org
Please – no phone calls and only principals need apply.
Position Title:Technical Director
The Technical Director (TD) manages the coordination of all technical elements for The Garfield Theatre 500-seat performing arts complex and special event facility. The TD supervises technical theatre staff, maintains the department equipment and manages the physical spaces of the theatre including necessary maintenance or renovations. The TD is responsible for supporting the artistic vision of directors, designers, program managers and external rental clients as it relates to the execution of their events.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITES:
Supervise, train, schedule and hire Theatre Technical crew. Maintain a list of available crew in the San Diego area.
Maintain the department equipment and manage the physical maintenance of the theatre including any renovations.
Work directly with The J* Company Artistic Director, Managing Director, and design teams on the production and build of each J* Company production within budgetary constraints
In coordination with the J*Company Artistic Director, design scenery and/or lighting for select J*Company productions throughout the season. Assist guest designers as needed.
Consult with JCC/CJC Program Managers regarding technical requirements for their events (including off-site events)
Consult with external rental clients regarding technical requirements for their events. Assist Theatre Manager with drafting cost estimates
Attend production and committee meetings and fill in for Theatre Manager during vacations or time away from the facility
Serve as “Staff In Charge” in rotation with Theatre Manager and Production Coordinator for all rental events and select internal events
Ensure the safety and efficiency of all stage and shop operations for both internal programs and rental clients
Other duties as assigned by the Theatre Manager or Executive Management
Expert proficiency in theatrical carpentry and theatrical rigging, including the ability to safely use power tools
Proficient knowledge of all technical aspects of running a performing arts theater including: lighting, sound, video
Experience working with ETC Ion; conventional, LED, and automated fixtures, dimmer racks, Yamaha M7CL- ES, iRFR
Proficient knowledge of PC and Macintosh computers, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, AutoCAD and/or Vectorworks
Proficiency working with schematics, CAD drawings, diagrams, light plots and stage plots
Experience and proficiency on Genie and Scissor Lifts
Knowledge in budgetary management as well as financial organization
Must possess a valid CA driver’s license with a clean driving record
Ability and willingness to pick up and deliver event materials and lift/carry up to 50 lbs
4-5 years minimum experience working in technical theatre as a Technical Director or similar supervisory position
Bachelor’s Degree in Technical Theatre and/or Theatre Design preferred
Or equivalent combination of experience/education
Excellent customer-service skills
Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
Positive attitude, ability to remain calm and respond confidently and promptly to stressful situations, ability to adapt in a rapidly changing environment, capacity to solve problems with diplomacy and tact; ability to think creatively about challenges, have sound judgment, tact and diplomacy in dealing with a variety of personality types and situations
Ability to work with and instruct volunteers and children
Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple, simultaneous tasks; finish projects on time; while maintaining budget parameters
Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team
HOURS: Full time, salaried, EXEMPT position, requiring flexible hours, some weekend and night work.
BENEFITS: This is a full time position eligible for health, vision and dental benefits as well as retirement and short term disability. Full Family membership to the LFJCC including fitness center and discounts on LFJCC programs as provided for in the LFJCC handbook.
Please send cover letter and resume to Gayle Herrick, Theatre Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org . NO CALLS.
Position Title:Part-Time Receptionist/Customer Service Desk Representative
Job Description: The JCC is a busy community center in La Jolla that provides quality fitness, childcare, cultural and artistic events. The Customer Service Representative will be providing courteous and prompt service to members and guests of the facility.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Excellent customer service
- Assist all JCC departments
- Strong organizational & administrative skills
- Able to multi-task with a high volume of phone calls
- Fun & friendly
Job Requirements: Must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Professional & friendly
- Customer Service
- Must be able to answer multi-line phone
- Creative thinker
- Demonstrate ability to trouble shoot & solve problems
- Excellent writing, grammar, and punctuation skills
- Strong public speaking skills
- Basic computer skills, working knowledge of (Word, Excel, Showare)
- Excellent time management, organizational & communication skills
- Strong ability to work well with co-workers, supervisors & members of the community in a team environment
- Able to work flexible hours, which may include weekends, evenings & must be punctual
Free gym membership
Email resume to: email@example.com
Position Title:Assistant Swim Coach
Head Swim Coach
$11-12/ hour M-F 15+++ hours
Under the direction of the Head Swim Coach, the Asst. Swim Coach assists in developing, organizing and implementing the JCC Barracuda Swim Team. Provides direct leadership, instruction and motivation for swim team participants in accordance with JCC policies and procedures and creates a safe and positive atmosphere that promotes member safety and engagement.
Provides pre-competitive swimming instruction to swim team members in Novice to Age group swimming groups. Organizes and conducts team workouts. Works effectively with other coaches as assigned.
1. 18 years of age or older.
2. Current American Red Cross First Aid certification.
3 Current American Red Cross community CPR certification, or equivalent.
4. American Red Cross Coaches Safety Training or equivalent Preferred.
5. One year or more of swim team experience preferred.
6. Ability to teach proper competitive swimming techniques.
7. Demonstrate knowledge of sound competitive swimming skills, and the ability to implement and teach these skills in a positive, healthy manner.
8. Knowledge of basic exercise.
9. Prefer knowledge of, and previous experience with, diverse populations (language, culture, race, physical ability, sexual orientation, etc).
1. Assists in organizing and administering all assigned coaching responsibilities, including daily practices, recruiting, record keeping and scheduling.
2. Develops positive relationships with team members, and coaches. Provides motivational support and guidance.
3. Increases team member awareness of all healthy lifestyle factors and LFJCC values.
4. Works hand in hand with the Head Coach.
5. Conducts evaluations and recruits prospective members and provides information about LFJCC membership and swim team fee structure.
6. Attends staff meetings and trainings as required.
7. Follows all LFJCC policies, rules, regulations, and procedures, including emergency procedures.
8. Completes incident and accident reports if necessary.
9. Attends swim meets and swim team functions as agreed upon with supervisor.
10. Accountable for discipline and conduct of team members at these events.
11. Encourages member and parent involvement and identifies potential volunteers.
12. Refrain from using personal phone during workouts. Refrain from personal conversation with other staff during workouts.
13. Assists in creating the swim team monthly newsletter.
14. Submits all private lesson schedules and payments to the Asst. Aquatics Director. Coach must keep lesson log. The Asst. Aquatics Director must approve the lessons before-hand.
1. Sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions of position and to supervise program activities.
2. Ability to see and hear individuals and alarms in pool/pool area.
3. Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
4. Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time.
5. Ability to perform activities which require sustained concentration and attention.
We are always accepting resumes for the following positions:
• Lifeguard I
• Camp Jaycee Staff
• Fitness Center Attendant
• Swim Instructors
• Camp Lifeguards and Swim Instructors
• Theatre Technicians
We are always looking for volunteers for various programs at the Lawrence Family JCC and San Diego Center for Jewish Culture.
If you are interested in volunteering, please FILL OUT THIS FORM.