Thank you for your interest in working for the Lawrence Family Jewish Community Center, JACOBS FAMILY CAMPUS. The Lawrence Family JCC is an equal opportunity employer.
Position Title: San Diego Jewish Film Festival Director
Reports To: Director, San Diego Center for Jewish Culture
Summary of Duties:
The Film Festival Director is responsible for the development, budgeting, programming, organization and implementation of year-round SDJFF programs, including annual Festival Kick off (August), Main Festival (10 day festival in February) and varied programs/screenings throughout the year, including North County Leichtag funded film programs. Overall responsibility to supervise daily operations of Film department and its administrative staff, oversee and maintain timeline, coordinate the film selection process, negotiate contracts, direct the work of Festival staff, committee and other volunteers. Assist in marketing initiatives and fund-raising activities for sponsors & community partnerships, and develop initiatives to reach new audiences.
• Responsible for the development, programming, organization and implementation of the year-round San Diego Jewish Film Festival activities
• Coordinate with appropriate staff all elements of the Jewish Film Festival, including creation and management of festival production timeline, negotiation of venue rentals, film fees, casual labor, and other contracts.
• Direct work activities of staff, vendors, and contractors and coordinating the activities of Film Festival committees and volunteers
• Supervise Film Festival Department staff of two; Film Program/ Print Traffic Manager and Admin Assistant, as well as seasonal event Festival staff
• Work with the committee chairs to determine film venues and work in consensus with Steering and Film Selection Committees to create film program
• Responsible for annual budget preparation, implementation and monitoring
• Develop an evaluation process and documentation for Film Festival activities
• Coordinate film activities in conjunction with other SDCJC and JCC programs
• represent the SDCJC and Jewish Film Festival at community and media events
• Report regularly to the CJC Director on department activities and progress
• Oversee the film selection process with curatorial staff, Selection Committee and Steering committee to determine films, guest artists, and other special events
• Work closely with Marketing Department on initiatives and collateral, including annual Festival brochure, advertising, public relations, and social media
• Ensure that collateral is produced and disseminated on time and within budget.
• Work closely with Development Department, overseeing and participating in fundraising and underwriting; investigate new sponsorship opportunities
• Initiate ideas for community outreach, work with North County Coordinator on audience development.
• Be present at all Film Festival events, seek and participate in collaborations with external organizations as appropriate
• Participate in CJC/JCC events as needed as an integral part of the CJC/JCC staff
• All other duties as assigned
• B.A. or B.S. College Degree or higher. Consideration of candidates with proven professional track record in lieu of higher education
• Have a history of successful, professional experience as a director or hold another high level position at a non-profit arts or film concern
• Ideal candidate will Be knowledgeable about national/international film festivals, and have an appreciation of Jewish themed films, culture and values
• Have a working knowledge of technical aspects of film presentation
• Possess strong leadership and organizational skills, be detail oriented, and exhibit good judgment and resourcefulness; be able to meet deadlines, and deal effectively with simultaneous tasks under pressure
• Have strong managerial skills with a track record of effective program and budgetary oversight
• Have strong, demonstrated interpersonal, verbal/written communication skills
• Work well with committees and community lay leaders, and have the ability to respond confidently and promptly to donors and volunteers
• Be proficient in Word, Excel, some database software
Working Conditions: Schedule varies as necessary to fulfill job requirements. Numerous evenings and weekends required.
• Be able to stand on your feet for extended periods of times
• Be able to lift 25 pounds
Direct Reports: Film Program/ Trafficking Manager and Office Administrator
Position Title: Barista
The Café Barista is a core staff member of the LFJCC café, responsible for embodying Lawrence Family Jewish Community Center Vision, Mission, and Values. The Barista works with the café team and is integral part of the café as a community gathering place. S/he is responsible delivering excellent service and product to the Café customers. S/he expands and deepens passion for the café and the community by ensuring unequaled quality and customer service. Providing the café with a reliable support base. The Barista drives for results as s/he provides great food, coffee, smoothies with great customer care. This position reports to the Café Manager.
• Lead excellent customer service through in-the-moment coaching, role modeling.
• Calibrate and supervise staff to ensure product freshness and uncompromising quality standards.
• Reliably reporting for scheduled shifts and being available periodically for extra hours for events in the evening or weekend.
• Ensures that customer feedback and concerns are relayed to the Café Manager within a timely manner, handling them with initiative where possible.
Manage cash according to LJFCC cash handling policy.
• A minimum of one year of experience in a high quality food service or retail provider with high customer service standards and/or related experience and training.
Skilled coffee making experience preferred.
• Consistent demonstration of ability to provide excellent customer service and passion for quality.
• Consistent demonstration of ability to successfully nurture a community feel and allegiance to the café and the J. • Consistent demonstration of performance that embodies LFJCC Mission, and Values.
Working conditions and characteristics:
This is a social café setting with constant interaction with the public and on-going interruptions.
Standing for up to 5 hours at a time. Ability to lift 25lbs to 30lbs.
In return for all of this, you will receive a respectful work environment and a sense of accomplishment, as well as a sense of belonging to a community based institution. Paid time off for sick leave in accordance with California labor law. We also offer the benefits of Membership to the J to all part time employees. This includes a state of the art gym and an use of the Olympic swimming pool. As well as discounts up to 25% for programs.
We encourage applicants of all ages, races and ethnic backgrounds. LFJCC will consider for employment all qualified applicants.
Apply to : Jobs@lfjcc.org
Please – no phone calls and only principals need apply.
Position Title:Teen Director
Reports to: Camp Director
Basic Responsibility: The Teen Director carries the overall responsibility of developing, planning, implementing, supervising, marketing and evaluating programming and services for the JCC’s thriving Teen Department. The position requires direct hands-on operation of the Teen Department, which includes a wide array of programs and activities for teens.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Oversee all aspects related to the Teen Leadership Council including but not limited to: recruitment, supporting the Executive Council, designing meaningful leadership programming, managing the planning and execution of weekly meetings, running the TLC retreat, managing the participation in Senior Buddies and other community service projects, consistent communication with TLC participants and their parents, and supporting the Council developing new and innovative teen programs.
- Head the JCC Maccabi Games San Diego Delegation and oversee all related administrative and programmatic needs, including; recruitment of athletes, JCCA required registrations and confirmations, supervision, hiring and evaluation of coaches, scheduling practices and social events, consistent communication with parents, participants, and coaches.
- Oversee community wide teen professional coalition and take the lead in 5 community-wide teen events. These may include but are not limited to J- Serve community day of service Like Israel and Shabbat 360 amongst others. The Teen Director will act as a “champion” in the planning of Shabbat San Diego. Teen Coalition will be managed by the Teen Director with meetings held several times a year. A database of all teen programmers in San Diego will be maintained and communication with the coalition will remain regular.
- Oversee and coordinate Partners in Prevention and Girls Life programs within the community.
- Participate/represent the LFJCC in the new Community –Wide Teen Initiative.
- Continue to outreach, build and grow the existing LFJCC Teen Department.
- Research and develop new programs, activities and trips.
- Develop and present Departmental budget, and monitor all income and expenses.
- Evaluate program effectiveness and consumer satisfaction and report results.
- Develop and implement marketing strategies for teen programs in conjunction with the Marketing Department, including the Teen Program Guide.
- Oversee all aspects of teen special event including teen dances, dodgeball tournaments, College Tours (West Coast, Boston, etc.), Ski Trips, etc.
- Pricing and purchase of equipment and supplies as needed for teen programs.
- Oversee all Middle School programming including but not limited to; Teen Connect Advisory Council, Community Service Caravan programs, social events, etc.
- Direct supervision of teen personnel as needed. Meet regularly to discuss all program plans, publicity materials and arrangements. Hire, supervise and evaluate teen personnel as needed.
- Advise and work with Teen Committee Chair to develop and coordinate a planning and advisory committee. - - Work with lay teen committee in planning and evaluating programs and recommending department policies. - - Advise selection for sub-committees and to work on special events and facilitate the work of all volunteers involved.
- Work with JCC support and maintenance staff to implement programs.
- Any other tasks as assigned by the Youth & Camp Director.
- Ensure the Teen department complies with LFJCC policies & procedures.
The ideal candidate will have a B.A. or B.S. College Degree. Master's Degree in Jewish Communal Service, Social Work, Education or related field preferred.
1. Demonstrated minimum 2 years of increasing experience in like environment working with teens.
2. Strong program administration, management and budgetary experience.
3. Demonstrated commitment to good customer service.
4. Ability to deal effectively with a wide variety of people, staff and community.
5. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
6. Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
7. Strong knowledge of program service and delivery.
8. Current CA class B valid driver’s license or qualified to obtain.
9. Familiar with Jewish culture and traditions a plus.
HOURS: Full time, EXEMPT position, requiring flexible hours, some weekend and evenings as events and community activities require.
BENEFITS: This is a full time position eligible for health, vision and dental benefits as well as retirement and short term disability. Full Family membership to the LFJCC including fitness center and discounts on LFJCC programs as provided for in the LFJCC employee handbook.
Part Time Receptionist/Customer Service Desk Representative.
Job Description: The JCC is a busy community center in La Jolla that provides quality fitness, childcare, cultural and artistic events. The Customer Service Representative will be providing courteous and prompt service to members and guests of the facility.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Excellent customer service
• Assist all JCC departments
• Strong organizational & administrative skills
• Able to multi-task with a high volume of phone calls
• Fun & friendly
Job Requirements: Must meet the following minimum requirements:
• Professional & friendly
• Strong Customer Service Skills
• Must be able to answer multi-line phone
• Creative thinker
• Demonstrate ability to trouble shoot & solve problems
• Excellent writing, grammar, and punctuation skills
• Strong public speaking skills
• Basic computer skills, working knowledge of (Word, Excel, Showare)
• Excellent time management, organizational & communication skills
• Strong ability to work well with co-workers, supervisors & members of the community in a team environment
• Able to work flexible hours, which may include weekends, evenings & must be punctual
Salary: $10.75/hour – Evening and weekend shifts available
Free gym membership
Email resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Title:Assistant Swim Coach
Head Swim Coach
$11-12/ hour M-F 15+++ hours
Under the direction of the Head Swim Coach, the Asst. Swim Coach assists in developing, organizing and implementing the JCC Barracuda Swim Team. Provides direct leadership, instruction and motivation for swim team participants in accordance with JCC policies and procedures and creates a safe and positive atmosphere that promotes member safety and engagement.
Provides pre-competitive swimming instruction to swim team members in Novice to Age group swimming groups. Organizes and conducts team workouts. Works effectively with other coaches as assigned.
1. 18 years of age or older.
2. Current American Red Cross First Aid certification.
3 Current American Red Cross community CPR certification, or equivalent.
4. American Red Cross Coaches Safety Training or equivalent Preferred.
5. One year or more of swim team experience preferred.
6. Ability to teach proper competitive swimming techniques.
7. Demonstrate knowledge of sound competitive swimming skills, and the ability to implement and teach these skills in a positive, healthy manner.
8. Knowledge of basic exercise.
9. Prefer knowledge of, and previous experience with, diverse populations (language, culture, race, physical ability, sexual orientation, etc).
1. Assists in organizing and administering all assigned coaching responsibilities, including daily practices, recruiting, record keeping and scheduling.
2. Develops positive relationships with team members, and coaches. Provides motivational support and guidance.
3. Increases team member awareness of all healthy lifestyle factors and LFJCC values.
4. Works hand in hand with the Head Coach.
5. Conducts evaluations and recruits prospective members and provides information about LFJCC membership and swim team fee structure.
6. Attends staff meetings and trainings as required.
7. Follows all LFJCC policies, rules, regulations, and procedures, including emergency procedures.
8. Completes incident and accident reports if necessary.
9. Attends swim meets and swim team functions as agreed upon with supervisor.
10. Accountable for discipline and conduct of team members at these events.
11. Encourages member and parent involvement and identifies potential volunteers.
12. Refrain from using personal phone during workouts. Refrain from personal conversation with other staff during workouts.
13. Assists in creating the swim team monthly newsletter.
14. Submits all private lesson schedules and payments to the Asst. Aquatics Director. Coach must keep lesson log. The Asst. Aquatics Director must approve the lessons before-hand.
1. Sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions of position and to supervise program activities.
2. Ability to see and hear individuals and alarms in pool/pool area.
3. Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
4. Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time.
5. Ability to perform activities which require sustained concentration and attention.