Career Opportunities at the JCC
Thank you for your interest in working for the Lawrence Family Jewish Community Center, JACOBS FAMILY CAMPUS. The Lawrence Family JCC is an equal opportunity employer.
We are looking for two part time baristas to help with our busy summer. One of the positions will continue long term. The person should, ideally, have experience in a café as a barista, a food handling certificate, be good with people, be able to work under pressure and share a love of the LJFCC and our community.
Pay: $10 to $10.50/hour DOE
To APPLY: All applications should be sent to email@example.com with a current resume and cover letter.
Position: Teen Director
Reports to: Youth & Camp Director
Basic Responsibility: The Teen Director carries the overall responsibility of developing, planning, implementing, supervising, marketing and evaluating programming and services for the JCC’s thriving Teen Department. The position requires direct hands-on operation of the Teen Department, which includes a wide array of programs and activities for teens.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Oversee all aspects related to the Teen Leadership Council including but not limited to: recruitment, supporting the Executive Council, designing meaningful leadership programming, managing the planning and execution of weekly meetings, running the TLC retreat, managing the participation in Senior Buddies and other community service projects, consistent communication with TLC participants and their parents, and supporting the Council developing new and innovative teen programs..
- Head the JCC Maccabi Games San Diego Delegation and oversee all related administrative and programmatic needs, including; recruitment of athletes, JCCA required registrations and confirmations, supervision, hiring and evaluation of coaches, scheduling practices and social events, consistent communication with parents, participants, and coaches.
- Oversee community wide teen professional coalition and take the lead in 5 community-wide teen events. These may include but are not limited to J- Serve community day of service Like Israel and Shabbat 360 amongst others. The Teen Director will act as a “champion” in the planning of Shabbat San Diego. Teen Coalition will be managed by the Teen Director with meetings held several times a year. A database of all teen programmers in San Diego will be maintained and communication with the coalition will remain regular.
- Oversee and coordinate Partners in Prevention and Girls Life programs within the community.
- Participate/represent the LFJCC in the new Community –Wide Teen Initiative.
- Continue to outreach, build and grow the existing LFJCC Teen Department.
- Research and develop new programs, activities and trips.
- Develop and present Departmental budget, and monitor all income and expenses.
- Evaluate program effectiveness and consumer satisfaction and report results.
- Develop and implement marketing strategies for teen programs in conjunction with the Marketing Department, including the Teen Program Guide.
- Oversee all aspects of teen special event including teen dances, dodgeball tournaments, College Tours (West Coast, Boston, etc.), Ski Trips, etc.
- Pricing and purchase of equipment and supplies as needed for teen programs.
- Oversee all Middle School programming including but not limited to; Teen Connect Advisory Council, Community Service Caravan programs, social events, etc.
- Direct supervision of teen personnel as needed. Meet regularly to discuss all program plans, publicity materials and arrangements. Hire, supervise and evaluate teen personnel as needed.
- Advise and work with Teen Committee Chair to develop and coordinate a planning and advisory committee. - - Work with lay teen committee in planning and evaluating programs and recommending department policies. - - Advise selection for sub-committees and to work on special events and facilitate the work of all volunteers involved.
- Work with JCC support and maintenance staff to implement programs.
- Any other tasks as assigned by the Youth & Camp Director.
- Ensure the Teen department complies with LFJCC policies & procedures.
The ideal candidate will have a B.A. or B.S. College Degree. Master's Degree in Jewish Communal Service, Social Work, Education or related field preferred.
1. Demonstrated minimum 2 years of increasing experience in like environment working with teens.
2. Strong program administration, management and budgetary experience.
3. Demonstrated commitment to good customer service.
4. Ability to deal effectively with a wide variety of people, staff and community.
5. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
6. Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
7. Strong knowledge of program service and delivery.
8. Current CA class B valid driver’s license or qualified to obtain.
9. Familiar with Jewish culture and traditions a plus.
HOURS: Full time, EXEMPT position, requiring flexible hours, some weekend and evenings as events and community activities require.
BENEFITS: This is a full time position eligible for health, vision and dental benefits as well as retirement and short term disability. Full Family membership to the LFJCC including fitness center and discounts on LFJCC programs as provided for in the LFJCC employee handbook.
Position Title: North County Coordinator
Reports to: Director, San Diego Center for Jewish Culture (CJC)
Under the supervision of the Director, San Diego Center for Jewish Culture, the North County Coordinator will act as an ambassador for the CJC’s North County programming, building collaborative relationships between the CJC’s program directors and the community, and serving on the Arts and Ideas Task Force for innovative Jewish cultural programming. The Coordinator will work to implement programs that engage the Jewish community and advance Jewish arts, culture and educational activities in the region. Along with CJC Program Directors, the Coordinator will work to attract the area’s residents, volunteers and donors to CJC/Leichtag cultural events. The Coordinator will be based in the North County Hub, a collaborative co-working space, sponsored by Leichtag Foundation in Encinitas. This is a unique opportunity for an innovator with strong programming experience, demonstrated success in building community, and a passion to nurture exceptional Jewish arts, culture and creativity.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
1. Build productive working relationships with CJC North County programmers, including; CJC Director, San Diego Jewish Film Festival Director, San Diego Jewish Book Fair Director, Director of Jewish Education, and Shalom Baby Coordinator.
2. Work collaboratively with CJC Programmers, North County Hub members, and Leichtag Foundation to successfully implement CJC cultural programs in North County.
3. Participate in monthly group meetings, professional development opportunities, and large scale agricultural programs at the North County Hub, and be an active contributor to the collaborative culture at the Ranch owned by the Leichtag Foundation.
4. Attend CJC/JCC weekly supervision and staff meetings, and select events as appropriate to build collegiality agency-wide, and to achieve a full understanding of CJC/JCC’s mission and goals.
5. Actively participate in the Arts & Ideas Initiative Taskforce to create innovative arts experiences in North County.
6. Build a continuum of Jewish engagement and exposure through development of audiences, volunteers and donors for CJC events in North County.
7. Develop and enhance North County lay committees to create a strong and engaged volunteer base for CJC programming and to strengthen North County Jewish community life.
8. Work with the LFJCC Marketing Department to create successful audience outreach and marketing initiatives in North County.
9. Build new donor relationships and implement the JCC's strong stewardship model in North County in collaboration with LFJCC Development Department, CJC Director and program directors.
10. Enhance and grow CJC’s relationships in North County, emphasizing collaborations with local agencies and businesses in order to maximize our efforts in the area.
11. Facilitate evaluation process for all North County programs.
12. As the CJC/JCC ambassador in North County, provide a positive role model to others for communication and relationship building, and strive to achieve the highest quality customer service for all.
13. Ensure that all activities are in conformity to grant requirements, and participate in measuring and reporting the results of grant related-work.
14. Perform all other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of B.A. or B.S. College Degree, ideal or other certification in an area of Non-Profit Arts Administration, or Community Development or related demonstrated experience.
1. Minimum 3-years' experience in arts or cultural programming, or in events planning or community development.
2. Experience or strong desire to work in Jewish Communal agency field and/or knowledge of Jewish culture and traditions helpful.
3. Demonstrated excellence in customer service, communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
4. Knowledge of program service and delivery.
This position requires significant presence in the community. Person must own or have reliable access to transportation at all times.
Employee must be able to lift 20 lbs.
HOURS: Full time, EXEMPT position, requiring flexible hours, some weekend and night work as events and community activities require.
BENEFITS: This is a full time position eligible for health, vision and dental benefits as well as retirement and short term disability. Full Family membership to the LFJCC including fitness center and discounts on LFJCC programs as provided for in the LFJCC handbook.
Position Title:Part Time Receptionist/Customer Service Desk Representative
Job Description: The JCC is a busy community center in La Jolla that provides quality fitness, childcare, cultural and artistic events. The Customer Service Representative will be providing courteous and prompt service to members and guests of the facility.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Excellent customer service
- Assist all JCC departments
- Strong organizational & administrative skills
- Able to multi-task with a high volume of phone calls
- Fun & friendly
Job Requirements: Must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Professional & friendly
- Customer Service
- Must be able to answer multi-line phone
- Creative thinker
- Demonstrate ability to trouble shoot & solve problems
- Excellent writing, grammar, and punctuation skills
- Strong public speaking skills
- Basic computer skills, working knowledge of (Word, Excel, Showare)
- Excellent time management, organizational & communication skills
- Strong ability to work well with co-workers, supervisors & members of the community in a team environment
- Able to work flexible hours, which may include weekends, evenings & must be punctual
Free gym membership
Email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position: Assistant Swim Coach
Reports to: Head Swim Coach
Pay Rate: $11-12/ hour M-F 15+++ hours
Under the direction of the Head Swim Coach, the Asst. Swim Coach assists in developing, organizing and implementing the JCC Barracuda Swim Team. Provides direct leadership, instruction and motivation for swim team participants in accordance with JCC policies and procedures and creates a safe and positive atmosphere that promotes member safety and engagement.
Provides pre-competitive swimming instruction to swim team members in Novice to Age group swimming groups. Organizes and conducts team workouts. Works effectively with other coaches as assigned.
1. 18 years of age or older.
2. Current American Red Cross First Aid certification.
3 Current American Red Cross community CPR certification, or equivalent.
4. American Red Cross Coaches Safety Training or equivalent Preferred.
5. One year or more of swim team experience preferred.
6. Ability to teach proper competitive swimming techniques.
7. Demonstrate knowledge of sound competitive swimming skills, and the ability to implement and teach these skills in a positive, healthy manner.
8. Knowledge of basic exercise.
9. Prefer knowledge of, and previous experience with, diverse populations (language, culture, race, physical ability, sexual orientation, etc).
1. Assists in organizing and administering all assigned coaching responsibilities, including daily practices, recruiting, record keeping and scheduling.
2. Develops positive relationships with team members, and coaches. Provides motivational support and guidance.
3. Increases team member awareness of all healthy lifestyle factors and LFJCC values.
4. Works hand in hand with the Head Coach.
5. Conducts evaluations and recruits prospective members and provides information about LFJCC membership and swim team fee structure.
6. Attends staff meetings and trainings as required.
7. Follows all LFJCC policies, rules, regulations, and procedures, including emergency procedures.
8. Completes incident and accident reports if necessary.
9. Attends swim meets and swim team functions as agreed upon with supervisor.
10. Accountable for discipline and conduct of team members at these events.
11. Encourages member and parent involvement and identifies potential volunteers.
12. Refrain from using personal phone during workouts. Refrain from personal conversation with other staff during workouts.
13. Assists in creating the swim team monthly newsletter.
14. Submits all private lesson schedules and payments to the Asst. Aquatics Director. Coach must keep lesson log. The Asst. Aquatics Director must approve the lessons before-hand.
1. Sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions of position and to supervise program activities.
2. Ability to see and hear individuals and alarms in pool/pool area.
3. Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
4. Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time.
5. Ability to perform activities which require sustained concentration and attention.
To APPLY: All applications should be sent to email@example.com with a current resume and cover letter.
• Lifeguard I
• Camp Swim Instructor
• Summer Camp Lifeguard
• Camp Jaycee Seasonal Waterfront Lifeguard
We are always accepting resumes for the following positions:
• Camp Jaycee Staff
• Fitness Center Attendant
• Swim Instructors
• Camp Lifeguards and Swim Instructors
• Theatre Technicians
We are always looking for volunteers for various programs at the Lawrence Family JCC and San Diego Center for Jewish Culture.
If you are interested in volunteering, please FILL OUT THIS FORM.