Career Opportunities at the JCC
Thank you for your interest in working for the Lawrence Family Jewish Community Center, JACOBS FAMILY CAMPUS. The Lawrence Family JCC is an equal opportunity employer.
Reports To: Director of Membership
Resume and Cover Letter: Gillian Argoff-Treseder, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Membership Sales Associate will work Sunday - Thursday 8 hr/day. The primary responsibility of the Membership Associate is to assist the Membership Director as it relates to recruitment and retention of the membership base, reporting and customer service initiatives and management of the main JCC front desk. Duties include but are not limited to:
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Make courtesy calls when memberships are coming up for renewal, goal is to call all members that have outstanding memberships prior to membership expiration.
- Track calls and responses and be sure to note reasons why a member is not renewing.
- Assist in monthly renewal mailing.
- Take renewals over the phone and in person.
- Send out thank you notes and guest passes to renewing members.
- Give tours of facility.
- Sell membership over the phone and in person.
- Keep Membership offices stocked with membership supplies including but not limited to rate sheets, membership applications, membership cards, guest cards and bank draft authorization cards.
- Send out membership prospect packages. Follow up to see if prospect used the center, answer any questions and close sale.
- File the applications alphabetically –weekly.
- Each July organize membership filing cabinet: go through each application and if its still active leave it in the file but if they expired pull out the applications and put in storage boxes alphabetically. Front desk staff can assist with this project.
Preschool & Camp
- Arrange to get copies of all applications.
- Check all applications to see if parents are members or non-members.
- Call all non-members and convert them to Family, Couple or Single Parent membership as applicable.
- Check expiration dates and type of membership.
- Upgrade memberships where and when applicable. For example: A Couple with a 3 year old needs to upgrade to a Family.
- Call memberships that are coming up for renewal and remind parents that not renewing will cause them to incur non-member fees.
- Get copies of all rosters for all member leagues.
- Check that all participants are active members.
- Work with League Director and Director of Sports and Fitness to convert any non-members or arrange to have members renew prior to the beginning of league play.
- Assist in the day-to-day operations of the Front Desk including, covering phones as needed and providing Front Desk breaks.
- Assign projects to Front Desk staff and monitor for correctness and completion. All departments should come to Membership Director or Membership Associate to schedule Front Desk help for their department (Accounting is an exception as they have bills that go out the first of every month.)
- Maintain the schedules of other Front Desk staff in cooperation with Director of Membership. Make sure that all shifts are covered. Arrange coverage for Front Desk when necessary.
- Assist in solving problems between members of the Front Desk staff.
- Oversee training of new Front Desk employees.
- Keep front desk informed of any changes in the daily schedule.
- Track and order supplies needed by the Front Desk.
- Keep Front Desk clean and organized.
General Front Desk Responsibilities
- Greet members and customers at the Front Desk in a warm and friendly manner.
- Answer telephone; take messages for staff, page staff for telephone calls and visitors.
- Have a thorough working knowledge of all JCC programs and services.
- Responsible for providing information and direction for members and the general public.
- Perform clerical duties as needed including bulk mailing tasks and various supports as needed.
- Be able to handle emergency situations such as providing minor first aid, following emergency procedures directions. (First Aid and CPR certified).
- Keep a log of all packages coming into the JCC and notify the recipient of package arrival by phone and email.
- Assign projects to Front Desk staff and monitor for correctness and completion. All departments should come to Membership Director or Membership Associate to schedule Front Desk help for their department (Accounting is an exception as they have bills that go out the first of every month first class and its ongoing.)
- The first of every month pull totals from the copy machine in the downstairs work room and turn them into Assistant Controller.
- Run postage totals on the 1st of each month for entire JCC. Provide information to Assistant Controller.
- Order and distribute name badges for all departments. (When a new person is hired at the JCC, the dept head should e-mail the persons name and title. Send this email to Kevin at the engraving place at:email@example.com.
- Order new time cards when we are half through with our time cards stock in the work room. The telephone number is 714-257-6440 item#B-19C
Community Board and Frames throughout JCC
- Get approval for all flyers, poster etc. from Executive Director.
- Remove all unauthorized posters.
- Remove posters after event has taken places
- Assist in the planning and execution of special events.
- Man membership booth at special events
We are always accepting resumes for the following positions:
• Camp Jaycee Staff
• Fitness Center Attendant
• Swim Coaches & Instructors
• Theatre Technicians
We are always looking for volunteers for various programs at the Lawrence Family JCC and San Diego Center for Jewish Culture.
If you are interested in volunteering, please FILL OUT THIS FORM.