Career Opportunities at the JCC
Thank you for your interest in working for the Lawrence Family Jewish Community Center, JACOBS FAMILY CAMPUS. The Lawrence Family JCC is an equal opportunity employer.
Position: Director of Development
Reports to: Associate Executive Director
Basic Responsibility: Responsible for directing and implementing Fund Resource Development efforts for the JCC & CJC. Oversee fundraising and development functions and the agency's two major special events.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. Provide leadership in developing and implementing an overall agency fund development plan in conjunction with the Associate Executive Director.
2. Responsible for the successful implementation and monitoring of the Pillars of Light Annual Giving Campaign in conjunction with the Associate Executive Director, as well as the Partners of the CJC including strong donor cultivation/ and stewardship.
3. Provide leadership to ensure the success of the JCC Patron Party and JCC Golf Classic in conjunction with the Associate Executive Director.
4. Oversee the JCC Legacy Society program.
5. Build a strong relationship with existing donors and ensure the agency's key stewardship and cultivation philosophy gets carried out at all giving levels.
6. Develop strong relationship with key funders, foundations, corporations, board members, volunteers, staff, community leaders and other critical individual and institutional fundraising efforts.
7. Provide leadership and oversight in all foundation and grant proposal writing and administration.
8. Identify and seek new fundraising sources to expand our donor base, both internal and external.
9. Responsible for the development, administration and monitoring of the Development Division budgets.
10. Supervise the Development Department professional staff.
11. Provide leadership guidance to JCC and CJC staff as it relates to their individual programs fundraising efforts.
12. Work with the various JCC and CJC programs to ensure that program information is available to donors in a timely manner.
13. Oversee donor recognition/acknowledgement and marketing materials relating to the successful fundraising efforts of the JCC and CJC.
14. Oversee preparation of various Campaign materials to support fundraising efforts.
15. Work closely with JCC/CJC staff and Accounting Department to ensure the integrity of the database.
16. Attend CJC & JCC programs/events as needed.
17. Other assignments deemed necessary and appropriate by the Executive Director.
Requirements & Qualifications:
1. Minimum 5 years experience leading fundraising/development efforts in a non-profit setting. Master’s degree preferred.
2. Proven successful track record in seeking, preparing, securing and monitoring grant proposals.
3. Maintain the confidentiality of all information received and processed.
4. Display excellent customer service skills.
5. Respond to inquiries and process all information in a timely manner.
6. Be adaptable, flexible and available to attend and help with special events/programs as needed.
7. Excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
8. Knowledge of word processing software, database software and spreadsheet programs and fundraising software (Word, Excel, etc.)
9. Must be detail oriented, and must exhibit good judgment and resourcefulness.
10. Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
11. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
12. Knowledge of Jewish culture and traditions.
Please send cover letter, resume and salary history to:
Director of Development
Lawrence Family JCC
4126 Executive Drive
La Jolla, CA 92037
Lifeguard 1 (See Description Below)
Swim Instructor (See Description Below)
To APPLY: All applications should be sent to email@example.com with a current resume and cover letter.
We are always accepting resumes for the following positions:
• Camp Jaycee Staff
• Fitness Center Attendant
• Swim Instructors
• Camp Lifeguards and Swim Instructors
• Theatre Technicians
We are always looking for volunteers for various programs at the Lawrence Family JCC and San Diego Center for Jewish Culture.
If you are interested in volunteering, please FILL OUT THIS FORM.