Nierman Preschool Welcome & Forms
All preschool families must participate in Registration Day
on Tuesday, July 7, 2015.
We will be open from 8:30 am – 5:30 pm to collect your completed forms.
Class assignments will be distributed only after your file is complete.
Registration Day will guarantee that we have all your current information and all your requests processed by the start of the new school year. Call the school office to make a registration appointment if you are unavailable July 7: 858.457.0398.
Meet us in the JCC Gallery at your convenience:
• Registration will take 15 - 30 minutes
• Turn in all forms
• Sign-up for lunches, enrichments, and Kid Konnection
• Update your records
• Confirm roster and e-mail information
• Share any red flags (allergies or special needs)
Director's Welcome Letter
Welcome to the Nierman Preschool 2015-16 school year! We are excited about the upcoming year, with new programs for each age level. May it be a year filled with growth, creativity, good health, and friendships for all!
We are making every effort to make the process of submitting preschool forms as easy and efficient as possible. Please review the forms and flyers carefully - there are many opportunities for you and your children, as well as policies with which to become familiar.
New students received a confirmation with forms required by the State of California, as well as additional Nierman Preschool forms. If you have not already done so, please complete these papers immediately and return them to the School Office. For those of you who have not returned the papers or have misplaced the originals, please refer to packet 2 (below), where you can download these forms.
All students should review packet 1 and complete the Student Information Sheet (SIS), as this is our first source for emergency information. Save your form on your computer - any time you have a change, please submit an updated form to the school office. Additionally, the 'Confidential History for New and Returning Students' provides valuable information to teachers.
Packets 3, 4, and 5 have information and forms to sign up for optional food, extended day, and enrichment programs. Packet 6 contains important parent information, including our calendar and special dates.
We welcome any questions and want to help facilitate your return of these forms. If your child has special needs or you would like an opportunity to speak privately with the Director or Teacher, please call me at 858.362.1171 to set up an appointment.
I look forward to greeting you at our Registration Day on Tuesday, July 7th, when we will be open from 8:30 am – 5:30 pm to collect all your completed paperwork. Should you be unable to attend, please contact the school office to make a special appointment.
Looking forward to a wonderful year,
Alma Hadash Geiger, Director, Early Childhood Education
Nierman Preschool Forms
Please review, complete, print, and deliver all forms to us by Registration Day on Tuesday, July 7th. Type
your information onto the forms and print them out. You can save these on your computer for easy
updating of information. Please do not e-mail files to us. Also, before you begin completing the form, it's best to save the form to your computer before beginning to complete it and saving it after you filled it all in.
FORMS PACKET 1: MANDATORY SAFETY AND SECURITY FORMS
DOWNLOAD PACKET 1 >
• Allergy/Special Needs Reminder
• Student Information Sheet (SIS): Info for rosters, medical issues, and emergency contacts
• Confidential History: Helps us meet each child's individual needs
• Drop-Off and Pick-Up Flyers: Provides authorization for access to the Preschool
• Parent Reminder: Sign-in and sign out times
• Parent Custody Authorization Form: Documents any restrictions on people visiting or signing out your child
• General Wound Care Protocol and Consent Form
FORMS PACKET 2: MANDATORY FORMS FOR NEW STUDENTS ONLY
DOWNLOAD PACKET 2 >
• Forms Required by the State of California
FORMS PACKET 3: OPTIONAL EXTENDED DAY PROGRAMS
DOWNLOAD PACKET 3 >
• Kid Konnection: Flexible extended care hours - before 9:00 am and after 1:00 pm
• Enrichment Forms: After-school enrichment classes for 3 and 4-5 year-olds
• The Language Connection: Spanish, Hebrew, Chinese, Russian, French afternoon immersion programs
• Parent Spanish: Take advantage of this great opportunity to learn Spanish with your children
FORMS PACKET 4: OPTIONAL FOOD PROGRAMS
DOWNLOAD PACKET 4 >
• Pizza Lunch: Offered Mondays and Thursdays
• Lunch Program: Offered Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays
• Challahs: Delivered to your classroom for your family each Friday or when your child is "Aba" or "Ima"
• High Holy Days Challah: Special Round Challah to help your family celebrate the holidays
FORMS PACKET 5: PARENT INVOLVEMENT FORMS
DOWNLOAD PACKET 5 >
• Welcome from Preschool Chairperson
• Volunteer Sign-Up
• Volunteer Committee Descriptions
• Become a Room Parent: This is a great way to be involved in the school and meet new friends
FORMS PACKET 6: Parent Information and Calendars
DOWNLOAD PACKET 6 >
• Preschool Calendar at a Glance: Includes holidays, vacations, and special days
• New Parent Orientation and Parent-Teacher Open House: Parents become familiar with our school and its programs, followed by breakout groups with teachers
• Flyers with Special Dates: Highlighting upcoming events
• Special Program and Holiday Dates: Mark these dates and chart moon phases with your children!
• Telephone Directory: Preschool and JCC phone extensions
• Health & Safety Policies
• Peanut and Tree Nut Allergy Alert with Lunch/Snack Suggestions
• What Should I Pack For Lunch? Ideas in conformance with Nierman Preschool's no meat/shellfish policy
• Special Support Services: Introducing the school counselor and occupational therapist on staff
• Hints for Transitioning
• My J List: Our school's very own CraigsList!
• Scholastic: Details on finding the perfect books for your child by shopping the online Book Clubs web site
• Shalom Sesame Dates: Join your children in the theatre for this fun multi-media program!
• Parent Handbook: Programs and policies at Nierman Preschool