Welcome to the Nierman Preschool 2013-14 school year! We are very excited about
the upcoming year with new classes in Spanish Immersion and new programs for each
age level. May it be a year filled with growth, creativity, good health, and friendships
for all of us!
Please review the forms and flyers carefully -- there are many choices and opportunities
for you and your children, as well as policies with which to become
familiar. By printing out only the forms you need to submit, this will also
help us to be as "green" as possible.
New students received an initial confirmation with forms
required by the State of California as well as additional Nierman Preschool forms.
If you have not already done so, please complete these papers immediately and return
them to the School Office. For those of you who have not returned the papers or
have misplaced the originals (e.g. ID and Emergency Information, Consent for Medical
Treatment, Personal Rights, Physician's Form, etc.), please refer to Packet
All students should review Packet 1, and complete
the Student Information Sheet (SIS) as this is our
first source for emergency information. Save this form on your
computer - any time you have a change, please submit an updated form to the school
The Confidential History for New and Returning Students
provides valuable information to teachers. These forms are part of Packet
Packets 3, 4, and 5 have information as well as write-able
PDFs to sign up for optional food, extended day, and enrichment programs.
Packet 6 contains important information for parents, including our
calendar and special dates.
We welcome any questions to help facilitate your return of these forms. If your
child has special needs or you would like an opportunity to speak privately with
the Director or Teacher, please call me at 858.362.1171 to set up an appointment.
I look forward to greeting you at our Registration Day on Tuesday,
July 9th, when we will be open from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. to collect all
your completed paperwork. Should you not be available to attend, please contact
the school office to make a special appointment.
Looking forward to a wonderful year,
Alma Hadash Geiger
Director, Early Childhood Education
Instructions for Online Forms
- Scroll down to the next section on this page, called "Preschool Forms."
- Click and open Student Forms Packet 1.
- Save the file onto your computer.
- Repeat this for Student Forms Packets 3, 4, 5, 6.
- New students only: repeat this for Student Forms Packet 2 if you have not
completed the State Required forms.
- Read all information pages.
- Complete all mandatory forms and print out.
- Review all optional forms. Complete and print out forms for programs in which you
are enrolling your child.
- Attach check for payment (if you are not paying by credit card to the back of the
forms. You may use one check for all registrations for your convenience.
- Save all completed forms on your computer.
- RSVP to the EventBrite invitation received via e-mail to attend Registration Day. If you are unavailable that day, make special arrangements by
calling the Preschool Office at 858.362.1171 to complete your registration.
- Turn in all completed forms at Registration Day and receive your class assignment!
We are delighted
to be completely digital! We hope this makes the submittal process as
easy and efficient as possible while attempting to be more "green." To
help guide you through this process, we have created 6 separate PDF packets with
Please review and/or complete, print, and deliver forms to us by Registration
Day on Tuesday, July 9th. Type your information into the
forms, then print them out. You can save them onto your computer for easy updating
later. Please do not e-mail the files to us.
Student Forms Packet 1: Mandatory safety and security forms.
Student Forms Packet 2: Mandatory state required forms for new students only. These are duplicate copies for you in write-able PDF form, to use if
you have not already submitted them.
Student Forms Packet 3: Optional extended day and enrichment programs. Optional KK breakfast.
Student Forms Packet 4: Lunch and Challah programs.
Student Forms Packet 5: Parent volunteer forms.
Student Forms Packet 6: Parent information forms and calendar.
Nierman Preschool Parent Handbook
You will be informed about your class assignment on Registration Day or when your
student's file is complete.
Preschool Forms Checklist
FORMS PACKET 1: MANDATORY SAFETY AND SECURITY FORMS
- Allergy/Special Needs Reminder
- Student Information Sheet (SIS): Data for rosters, medical issues
and other emergency contacts.
- Confidential History: Helps us meet each child’s individual needs.
- Drop-Off and Pick-Up Flyers: Provides authorization for access
to the Preschool.
- Parent Reminder: Sign-in and sign-out times.
- Custody Authorization Form: Documents any restrictions on
people visiting or signing your child out.
FORMS PACKET 2: MANDATORY FORMS FOR NEW
- Forms Required by State of California: Please complete and return ASAP if you have
not already submitted these.
FORMS PACKET 3: OPTIONAL EXTENDED DAY PROGRAMS
- Kid Konnection: Flexible extended care for hours before 9:00
a.m. and after 1:00 p.m.
- Breakfast at Kid Konnection: Available daily
in Kid Konnection.
- Enrichment Forms: After-school enrichment classes for 3 and 4-5
year-olds. Spanish and Russian morning enrichment classes. Spanish, Hebrew, Chinese,
and French afternoon immersion programs.
FORMS PACKET 4: OPTIONAL FOOD PROGRAMS
- Pizza Lunch: Offered Mondays and Thursdays.
- Lunch Program: A new menu offered Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.
- Challahs: Delivered to your child's classroom each Friday for your family or when your child is "Aba" or "Ima."
- Julian Apple Pies: A delicious dessert for the Rosh Hashanah holiday.
FORMS PACKET 5: PARENT VOLUNTEER FORMS
- Welcome from Preschool Chairperson.
- Volunteer Sign-Up: Sign-up to volunteer in many capacities at the
- Volunteer Committee Descriptions.
- Become A Room Parent: This is a great way to get involved
in the school and to meet new friends.
FORMS PACKET 6: Parent Information and Calendars
- Preschool Calendar at a Glance: Includes all holidays, vacations,
and special days.
- New Parent Orientation Notice and Parent-Teacher Open House: New
and returning parents become more familiar with our school and its many programs,
followed by breakout groups with classroom teachers.
- Flyers with Special Dates: Highlighting upcoming events.
- Special Program and Holiday Dates: Mark these dates on your calendar.
- Telephone Directory: Preschool and JCC phone extensions.
- Health & Safety Policies
- Peanut and Tree Nut Allergy Alert with Lunch/Snack Suggestions
- What Should I Pack For Lunch?: Lunch ideas in conformance with Nierman
Preschool's non-meat/shellfish food policy.
- Special Support Services: Introducing the school counselor and
occupational therapist on staff.
- My J List: This project has been under construction for over a
year and will become the school's own CraigsList!
- Scholastic: Details on finding the perfect books for your child
by shopping the Book Club's website.
PARENT HANDBOOK: Programs and policies at Nierman Preschool.
All families must participate in Registration Day on Tuesday,
July 9th.* We will be open from 8:30 am–5:00 pm. Registration should take between
15 and 30 minutes. Your class assignment will be distributed after you complete your
*Call the school office to make an appointment if you are unavailable