Dog Wellbeing 101
Dog Wellbeing 101
Sunday, Oct 16, 2016 OR Sunday, December 4, 2016
Instructor: Amanda Ringnalda
$36/member price $30
Dogs are included/invited. And humans without dogs are encouraged too!
** Please read Dog Attendance Guidelines & Supplies below **
Ultimately, our own wellbeing is our dog’s wellbeing. Our life experience, in many cases, is mutual. They share our space, family and heart in a way that no other creatures do. Sometime, they know us better than we know ourselves. They serve and support mankind in incredible ways, and they deserve to live great lives.
In this 90-minute class we’ll explore the nature of dogs, each as a unique individual. You’ll learn to assess YOUR dog in body and mind, and better understand exactly what your pup needs to be its happiest, healthiest self.
You’ll understand how to connect, bond and understand your canine companion far better. Imagine how our relationship can grow from improved communication!
The foundation of the teachings in this class, and with all of Amanda’s work, is the 5,000-year-old “science of life” known as Ayurveda. The sister-science to yoga and meditation, Ayurveda, is an intuitive, entirely natural and whole-being approach to attaining exceptional overall wellbeing; both human and canine.
Our class will include:
• A walk around the area to get everyone’s energy grounded and aligned
• Sit down for a conversation and presentation
• Learn the basics of Ayurveda and how it applies to dogs
• Explanation of the “6 Pathways to Creating a Sama Dog” = a whole-being-balanced dog
• Demonstrations and exercises with your dogs such as massage, partnered breathing, and eye gazing; group interaction
About the Instructor:
Amanda Ringnalda is the founder of Sama Dog - Wellbeing for Dogs and Their Humans, and is dedicated to helping people understand the deeper essence of animals, their importance in our lives. She highlights our ability to influence the happiest, healthiest state of being for our dogs, and ourselves. Amanda has been teaching and practicing meditation, yoga and Ayurveda since 2001. For over a decade she has been a staff member of the Deepak Chopra Center for Wellbeing as a lead certified educator, event developer and facilitator for the center’s multitude of classes, programs and trainings. Learn more about Amanda and her story at:Soul Playmates
** We appreciate everyone upholding our Dog Attendance Guidelines & Supplies**
• Well-socialized, well-behaved and non-reactive dogs only
• No retractable/extendable leashes. Only solid leashes. 6ft maximum allowed.
• No treats (too distracting for the other dogs)
• One dog per person
• Prior to class, please walk/exercise your dog to release energy
• Bring a blanket or a couple towels for siting on the grass together
• Bring a water container and bowl for you and your dog
Questions? Email Amanda at: Email Amanda
Dog Wellbeing 101 - DEC
Price: $36; JCC Member Price: $30