Personal Training Your Way, On-Site and Virtual
If you’ve thought about getting in shape, but you aren’t feeling motivated or feel intimidated about all of the equipment and information out there. We have a solution. Our certified, experienced personal trainers are here to help you every step of the way on your journey to health, fitness, and wellness. Let us customize a program to fit your personal needs. Please contact us for a personal evaluation and pricing.
Benefits of Personal Training
- Goal Setting – Your personal trainer can help you not only to set realistic goals but also to help you achieve them.
- Motivation – A personal trainer acts as a coach, educator, role model, confidant, and a source of motivation and encouragement.
- Accountability – You’ll stick to your exercise program when you have a regularly scheduled appointment.
- Safety – You’ll learn the proper use of exercise equipment.
- Individualized Instruction – You’ll follow a customized program based on your fitness level and personal goals.
- Confidence - The gym can be intimidating. Learn how to correctly exercise and use the equipment.
- Effective Workout – You’ll learn the most effective exercise routines designed to meet your goals quickly and effectively. No more wasting time in the gym.
- Boredom Buster – A personal trainer can help you with a new routine, help you progress, and help you get to the next level.
We offer private, duet, and group training options in increments of 30, 45, or 60 minutes.
Virtual Fitness Sessions
Let our experienced, certified, caring personal fitness trainers design a customized workout plan for your specific goals either at the JCC or in the comfort of your own home. Our trainers will keep you motivated and accountable and will help you reach your fitness goals. Training sessions are available in 30 and 60-minute sessions.
Certified Fitness Trainers
Moe comes to the JCC with an impressive 25 years in the fitness industry. He has worked with a varied and diverse population, with clients ranging from six to 86, professional, collegiate, and high school athletes, as well as clients with physical or developmental challenges or special needs. As a WeckMethod Master trainer specializing in Rotational Movement & Tensional Balance Training, Moe helps clients improve body mechanics, increase functional strength, and enhance athletic balance, all of which create a better athletic foundation for movement and performance.
- ACE (American Council on Exercise) Certified Personal Trainer
- CPR and First Aid Certified
- Majored in Kinesiology at San Diego State University
- Worked with Div. I athletes with practicum in athletic training and mechanisms of sports injuries
- Sport-specific specialization and program design
“Moe has trained our group (4 guys in their 60’s) for a number of months. His ability to personalize the training in this setting is quite impressive. The variety and intensity makes our time interesting and effective. We work on core, strength, coordination, and cognitive exercises. I am close to 70 years old, yet I am able to play full-court basketball 4-5 days a week in large part due to Moe’s training methods. I highly recommend Moe as a trainer for clients of any age.”
— Wayne Schwartz, client
“I was 40-50 lbs overweight when I first met Moe. Since working with him, I’ve lost 25 pounds, I’m more flexible and stronger. Moe’s a great guy and I look forward to our sessions.”
“Moe is terrific. His methodology is Rotational Movement Training. Constantly moving, it allows me to work on my goals of increasing flexibility and strength while having a varied and fun work-out. Moe listens to my needs, designs the appropriate exercises, keeps me motivated, and points out areas where I need to improve my exercise technique… All leading to success. Gooo, Mooee!” - Bob L
Marzena has dedicated her life to sports and fitness and has extensive professional training in the field. She has worked with those suffering from arthritis; fibromyalgia; Parkinson’s disease; heart disease; osteoporosis; knee and hip replacement; and those needing muscle and joint rehabilitation. Marzena helps her clients gain strength, reduce pain, and make noticeable improvements in overall health and well-being. She has accomplished considerable success with clients wishing to make dramatic changes to their bodies as well as those training for a specific event. She combines her knowledge of sports, exercise physiology, kinesiology, and nutrition to motivate and guide clients to their fitness goals and have fun doing it!
- American Sports Education Program (ASEP), Leader Level Coach
- Degrees in Electroradiology & Sports and Fitness Technology
- American Institute of Fitness Education (AIFE) Older Adult Fitness
- Senior Strength and Conditioning Specialist
- Posture and Mobility Specialist
- Brain and Balance Specialist
- CPR/AED for Professional Rescuers and First Aid
"Marzena is an exceptional trainer. She is knowledgeable, persistent, and dedicated to her work. But more than that, she is empathetic, caring, compassionate, friendly, flexible, and fun to be with. A rare find, Marzena is so well-respected that her clients seldom if ever miss their appointment" - Nina S
I strongly believe that Marzena’s skill and care have played a significant role in my health, well-being, and long life. She is a professional in every sense of the word. She makes exercise a fun activity with extraordinary results- Darrell S
I have now worked with Marzena every week for four years, and my whole life has been affected-physical as well as mental. She has become not only my trainer, but my therapist, my confidante, and most of all, my friend. I give my highest praise and strongest recommendation." - Carole M.
Erica’s journey of wellness started in college where she became immersed in hot yoga. Yoga became a way of life that allowed Erica to find ways to connect the mind and body. Shortly after graduating from college, she became a registered yoga teacher. Her love of wellness grew beyond yoga after working in a corporate setting for 7 years. When the pandemic hit, she was furloughed from her job and wasn’t sure if she would be returning to it. Therefore, Erica started focusing on her physical strength and then her desire grew to become a personal trainer. From there Erica has earned several certifications from Barre, Pilates, Gait Analysis, and more. After going back to her corporate job for 6 months, Erica took the leap and decided to become a full-time instructor/personal trainer. She specializes in senior fitness and enjoys showing her clients new and more efficient ways to train. Erica’s personal passions include running in races, practicing mindfulness, and spending time with her children.
- B.S International Business with a minor in Global Logistics and Transportation
- Lifeguarding with CPR/AED for Professional Rescuers and First Aid
- Fundamentals of Gait Analysis Training
- RYT-200 (Yoga Teacher)
- Certified Personal Trainer (NASM - CPT)
- Certified Pilates Instructor (AFPA)
"I have been training with Erica for the past 6 months, 3 times a week, and I am thrilled with the results. Erica has been an absolute professional right from the start. From day one, she has been attentive and accommodating to my needs, and she has consistently personalized my workouts to suit my fitness level and goals. Erica's training approach is focused on overall health and wellness, and she takes the time to understand my unique circumstances, adapting my workouts accordingly. As a result, I have made significant progress and improvements in my overall fitness.
Throughout our training sessions, Erica has been incredibly supportive and encouraging, motivating me to push beyond my limits and achieve my goals. I am extremely grateful for her guidance and support over the past six months, and I am excited to continue working with her in the future. If you're looking for a top-notch personal trainer who genuinely cares about your progress and success, Erica is the perfect choice” - Sahar R.
Mike has worked in the fitness industry as a Personal Trainer for more than 20 years. He has extensive experience working with post-rehab, senior adults, and the military. Mike is also a Registered Holistic Health Practitioner specializing in mobility training and Sports Massage Therapy. He believes that a team effort between client and trainer is necessary to achieve fitness goals. Mike can assist with building a solid training foundation and tailoring a fitness program based on the client’s needs. His approach to success is one that values the client’s goals and a commitment to meeting them.
- American Council on Exercise (Certified Personal Trainer)
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (NSCA)
- T-SAC Tactical Strength and Conditioning Coach (NSCA)
- Sports Medicine Diploma (United States Sports Academy)
- Myoskeletal Alignment Technique
- American Red Cross (CPR/AED, First Aid) Certified
- Registered Holistic Health Practitioner, Sports Therapy (City of Poway)
- Bachelor of Science in Holistic Health
- CPR/AED for Professional Rescuers and First Aid
- Master of Arts in Leadership
“I have known Mike Relucio for about 15 years. He has successfully helped me attain my goal of increasing upper body strength and is knowledgeable about physiology, so he can help me deal with the muscular injuries and various pains that accompany an aging body. Mike is also an excellent massage therapist.”
“It is my great fortune to have been a member of the Lawrence Family JCC for more than 20 years. The staff of the “J” are the jewels in the crown. Mike Relucio is a star who uses his broad experience, technical prowess, pride, and passion to empower others. When I was diagnosed with Parkinson’s 10 years ago, I was, (no pun intended), on shaky ground. Mike never doubted that I could continue to improve, especially in my best lift, the bench press. Mike is the man!”
- Jim P
Rebecca has been helping people of all ages transform their bodies and increase their energy since 2003. She is attentive to detail and alignment while creating feel-good movements. She loves assisting clients in recognizing their fitness potential and achieving their goals. Elements of yoga, Pilates, dance, and martial arts supplement current and traditional training methods in her programs. Her clients range from teens to seniors. Rebecca’s passion is in helping clients increase energy, strength, body awareness, balance, and coordination. She is available for personal and small group training as well as private and small group yoga sessions.
- ACE Personal Trainer
- 2000 ERYT 500 Yoga Alliance, Yoga Works, Prana Yoga
- Thai Massage, Natural Healing Institute
- Fitness Specialist Program, San Diego Community College
- CPR/AED for Professional Rescuers and First Aid
- Mat Pilates, BOSU, TRX, Kaiser Indoor Cycling, Silver Sneakers certified
- BA, Theatre Performance, Western Michigan University
I am in my early 50s and have been training with Rebecca for more than 2 ½ years. Rebecca is very good at tailoring a training program designed for the current state of your body. She can also change your workout to account for any present pain, as it seems like her repertoire of exercises is endless. She is a pleasure to work with, she is extremely knowledgeable in her field, and it’s obvious that she truly cares about her client's well-being.”
“I had always been hesitant to invest in a personal trainer... it seemed like a frivolous luxury since, as an MD, I should know what to do, and besides, I used the elliptical and walked regularly. But I was getting bored and needed new input, especially on managing arthritis and other “aging” issues. After my first assessment visit with Rebecca, I felt like she really listened and observed, and understood my goal for general health maintenance and control, a general sense of well-being, and the ability to independently make corrections when something starts to hurt. I’ve been out of the country for a month now and can’t wait to get back into our routine...I always feel great and stand taller after our sessions!”
- R.E. Hanson, MD