NIERMAN PRESCHOOL WELCOME & REQUIRED STEPS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION
REGISTRATION DAY – JULY 11TH 8:30 AM – 5:30 PM
Welcome to Nierman Preschool 2017-18 school year! We are excited about the upcoming year and all the enriching programs for our preschoolers and families. May it be a year filled with growth, creativity, good health, and friendships for all of us!
The information below is VERY IMPORTANT! Please take the time to read through the materials provided below to ensure that your child is fully registered with a complete and accurate file.
Confirmation Packet #2: We have made every effort to improve the process of submitting preschool forms to be as easy and efficient as possible. Please review the forms and flyers carefully--there are many choices and opportunities for you and your children’s participation as well as policies with which to become familiar. New this year: all enrichment classes and food programs are easily accessible for on-line registration.
New students received an initial confirmation with forms required by the State of California as well as additional Nierman Preschool forms. For those of you who have not yet returned the papers or have misplaced the originals (e.g. ID and Emergency Information, Personal Rights, Physician’s Form, etc.), please refer to FORMS PACKET 2 for “New Students Only” where you can complete the writeable pdf forms on-line for your convenience. Make sure to print these out, sign and return them to the Preschool Office as soon as possible and no later than Registration Day.
New and returning students should review Forms Packet 1. Any changes to your contact information since you submitted your application? It is most important that we can reach you! Visit www.lfjcc.org/psupdate to make any changes (e.g. address, phone, e-mail, pediatrician, pick-up authorization, etc.) to your school file. You must use your JCC login information to access your account. DO NOT MAKE A NEW ACCOUNT. If you need help, please contact the JCC Guest Services desk at (858) 457-3030.
Steps for Updating:
• Go to www.lfjcc.org/psupdate
• Put in your email and password (from initial registration)
• Where it says “Member (or Non-Member),” select the number of your children who are attending Nierman Preschool.
• Click “Purchase.”
• Once you are in your account, select your child’s name to update any necessary information.
• Click “Submit” to update any fields.
o NOTE: Pediatrician’s Field must be completed – required by State law.
• Click “Submit” when done.
• Repeat these steps for each of your children attending Nierman Preschool.
The Confidential History for New and Returning Students provides valuable information to teachers. These required forms are part of FORMS PACKET 1 and can be completed on the writeable pdf, printed, and returned to the Preschool Office by Registration Day.
Forms Packets 3 and 4 include optional extended day and food
programs. Please sign-up for enrichments, lunches, and challah on-line (look for quick links to Enrichments, Kid Konnection (KK), and Preschool Food on the Preschool’s Webpage Quick links sidebar, or below with the Forms Packets). To ensure that your reservations are received and processed on time, please turn prior to Registration Day.
Forms Packet 5 and 6 contain important parent involvement and information including our calendar and special dates. Please consider volunteering! It’s a wonderful way to make new friends and community while being actively involved in your child’s education. Review all the opportunities and complete and print-out the Parent Volunteer Form and return to the Preschool Office by Registration Day.
We welcome any questions to help facilitate your return of these forms. Use the Nierman Preschool Confirmation Packet 2 Forms page below as a reference. If your child has special needs or you would like an opportunity to
speak privately with the Director or Teacher, please call the School Office at 858.362.1171 to set up an appointment. We look forward to greeting you at our ALL PARENTS MANDATORY Registration Day on Tuesday, July 11th when we will be open from 8:30 am – 5:30 pm to confirm your student’s file is
complete. Should you not be available to attend, please contact the school office to make a special appointment, as this is our confirmation that you will be attending the upcoming school year.
Looking forward to a wonderful year!
NIERMAN PRESCHOOL CONFIRMATION PACKET 2 FORMS
• Read through the following five steps, then scroll below to access Forms Packets 1-6.
• Click and open Packet 1: Mandatory Safety and Security Forms.
• Save the files onto your computer.
• Repeat this for Forms Packets 5 and 6
• New students only: repeat this for Student Forms Packet 2 if you have not completed the State Required forms.
• Read all information pages.
• Complete all mandatory and applicable optional forms and print out.
• Review Extended Day programs in Forms Packet 3. Use the links to sign-up for Kid Konnection (“KK” = hours for extended care) and Enrichment.
• Review Optional Food Programs in Forms Packet 4. Use the links for Preschool Food to sign-up for hot lunches and challah.
• Review Parent Handbook
• RSVP to EventBrite invitation you will receive via e-mail to attend Registration Day on Tuesday, July 11th. If you are unavailable that day, make special arrangements by calling the Preschool Office at 858.362.1171, or
emailing email@example.com to complete your registration.
• Turn in all completed forms at Registration Day or special appointment, and receive your class assignment for 2017-18!
FORMS PACKET 1: MANDATORY SAFETY AND SECURITY FORMS
DOWNLOAD PACKET 1
• Allergy/Special Needs Reminder
• Confidential History: Helps us meet each child’s individual needs
• Parent Reminder: Sign-In and sign out times
• Parent Custody Authorization Form: Documents any restrictions on people visiting or signing out your child.
FORMS PACKET 2: MANDATORY FORMS FOR NEW STUDENTS ONLY
DOWNLOAD PACKET 2
• Forms Required by State of California: Please complete if you have not already submitted
FORMS PACKET 3: OPTIONAL EXTENDED DAY PROGRAMS
DOWNLOAD PACKET 3
• Kid Konnection (KK): Flexible extended care hours - before 9:00 am and after 1:00 pm. Go to www.lfjcc.org/kk to purchase your time card.
• Enrichment Forms: After-school enrichment classes for 3 and 4-5 year-olds. Go to www.lfjcc.org/enrichments to register.
• The Language Connection: Morning Immersion Programs. Go to www.lfjcc.org/enrichments to register.
• Parent Spanish: Take advantage of this great opportunity to learn Spanish with your children. Go to www.lfjcc.org/enrichments to register.
FORMS PACKET 4: OPTIONAL FOOD PROGRAMS
DOWNLOAD PACKET 4
• Hot Lunch Program: Offered five days a week. Go to www.lfjcc.org/food to register.
• Challahs: Delivered to your classroom for your family each Friday or when your child is "Aba" or "Ima.” Go to www.lfjcc.org/food to register.
FORMS PACKET 5: PARENT INVOLVEMENT FORMS
DOWNLOAD PACKET 5
• Welcome from Preschool Executive Committee
• Become A Room Parent: This is a great vehicle to become involved in the
school and to meet new friends
• Volunteer Sign-Up: Sign-up to volunteer in many capacities at the school
• Volunteer Committee Descriptions
FORMS PACKET 6: PARENT INFORMATION AND CALENDARS
DOWNLOAD PACKET 6
• Preschool Calendar at a Glance: Includes holidays, vacations, and special days
• Meet Our New Directors and Open House: Parents become familiar with our school and its programs, followed by breakout groups with teachers
• Flyers with Special Dates: Highlighting upcoming events
• Special Program and Holiday Dates: Mark these dates on your calendar!
• Telephone Directory: Preschool and JCC phone extensions
• Health & Safety Policies
• Peanut and Tree Nut Allergy Alert with Lunch/Snack Suggestions
• What Should I Pack For Lunch? Ideas in conformance with Nierman Preschool's no meat/shellfish policy
• Special Support Services: Introducing the school counselor and occupational therapist on staff
• Hints for Transitioning
• Scholastic: Details on finding the perfect books for your child by shopping the online Book Clubs web site
• Parent Handbook: Programs and policies at Nierman Preschool
|All families must participate in Registration Day on Tuesday, July 11th. *We will be open from 8:30 am–5:30 pm. Registration should take between 15 -30 minutes! Your class assignment will be distributed after you complete your last station! *Call the school office to make an appointment if you are unavailable this day.